First Day Out with A6000 and SEL55210!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BrentSchumer Regular Member • Posts: 200
First Day Out with A6000 and SEL55210!

So I decided to pick up an A6000 + SELP1650 + SEL55210 to augment what I can do with my RX1000M3.  Random thoughts:

-The SEL55210 really, really craves light.  Coming from the bright little RX100 I'm shocked at how quickly performance degrades indoors or at night.

-I'm having difficulty producing consistently sharp shots.  These shots all have sharpening 300-400 applied in COP.  Given that others are producing amazing images with this combo, it means that I have a lot to learn!

-The A6000's OOC JPEGs really seem to mute color.  I shoot RAW + JPEG and really notice the difference.

-I can't tell if COP properly compensates for the curvature of this lens, as the OOC JPEGs are geometrically different from the COP RAW manipulation (see the last pair of pictures).

-I really, really miss the level from my RX100M3!

-How waterproof is this set?  A big bead of sweat fell on the edge of the kit lens, and I'm nervous...

While these shots aren't the best, I can't wait to figure out how to wrangle this lens and coax out golden pictures!

Garrulous Grooming

A Moment in Time

Out of about 250 small bird shots I got one that was acceptably sharp...but he was looking away.

Fashion Forward

Men at Work

OOC JPEG with slightly different geometry.

BrentSchumer's gear list:BrentSchumer's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow