Why I love the flip and rotate screen vs the simply flip

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
larsbc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,159
Re: Why I love the flip and rotate screen vs the simply flip

Tommi K1 wrote:

larsbc wrote:

As for using a phone instead of an FAS screen, there's the issue of pairing the devices, lag, and having to hold two devices unless you're going to put the camera on a tripod or the phone on the ground (if that's even an option).

Are you seriously saying that to maximize the reach you hold camera with two hands?

If I'm trying to shoot from a low angle of view, particularly if I'm also trying to aim a bit upwards, I will typically use two hands.

To maximize stability you need good grip for right hand, no need for left hand to do anything.

And in the scenario I just mentioned, I do not have a good grip for the right hand.

The phone connections are these days second or two connection, thanks to NFC assisting in that.

In my experience, it usually takes longer than that when you consider the time for the entire process.

The lag between phone and camera is 300-400ms at worst, rendering it meaningless already.

I think most people who use electronic viewfinders would say that 300-400ms lag is unacceptable.

My FAS screen is also folded in toward the camera's body 99% of the time for protection, too. My EVF is used almost exclusively.

You are not protecting anything, you just have it tilted inwards.

I'm protecting the screen from getting scratched.

And you using EVF mostly, why you say what the rear screen should be when you don't use it like 30-90% of the time?

There are many things on my camera that I use less than 10% of the time but I still want to have them for when I need them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow