A6500 -- IS for Vintage Lenses, Flange, and Bluetooth

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cwhitted New Member • Posts: 5
A6500 -- IS for Vintage Lenses, Flange, and Bluetooth

Hello all! I need a new home for my vintage lenses. I started out four years ago with the Samsung NX series, and I quickly fell in love with the ability to buy Canon FD and Minolta MD lenses and use them on a 20MP sensor! But with the NX series being no more (even though there are rumors it will come back, I'm done with Samsung for abandoning their loyal customers), I've been wanting to switch to the Sony A6500. But before I do, I have some questions if someone would be so kind to answer and help out.

With the Samsung NX, the flange focal distance was a little funky, and while I could focus to infinity, it wasn't the infinity as marked on the lens -- it always seemed to be just before the infinity marker on the lens. Will I have this same issue with the A6500, or is the flange distance and adapters thought out a little better to be more in tune with the markings on the lens?

How does the in-body image stabilization work for adaptive lenses that don't already have image stabilization? Specifically, has anyone used it on FD or MD lenses?

And finally, how is the Bluetooth on the A6500. This seems to be an afterthought for every review I read on the A6500 (or maybe I'm not reading the right reviews). I would want to use the Bluetooth to geotag my photos.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

cwhitted's gear list:cwhitted's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Samsung NX300 Samsung NX30 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +15 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow