New Fuji XF10 owners: measurement request

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
soupnazi81 Regular Member • Posts: 199
New Fuji XF10 owners: measurement request

1. Are you able to measure the diameter of the inner small threads in mm? (to see if a mini screw in uvfilter can be used) (see diagram below #1 in green)

2. Can you also measure in mm the diameter of front flat part around the lens before the ridges start? (see diagram below #2 in red) I think we could use one of these stick on uv filters if we have the diameter right. We would only want to cover the first flat portion of the lens before the ridges start, because and we don't want the stick-on to be on the actual ridges (not flat) or on the lettering. (could peel off lettering) Is this flat part actual flat and parallel to sensor or concave and curved inwards towards the lens?

3. Lastly, can you to measure the diameter of the outer flat area with the letters in mm before the outside rim? (see diagram below #3 in blue) May have to use a larger stick on UV filter if the other methods don't work and stick it on top of the letters.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=ACMAXX+MRC+LENS+ARMOR&_sacat=0

I hate using lens caps since it slows down the shooting process yet, would still like to have some protection in front of the lens. (yes, I know glare) There doesn`t seem to be the usual filter threads on the front of the camera. I asked these questions in another thread but it seems to have gotten buried and would like to order something before my camera arrives and I go on vacation in one week.

soupnazi81's gear list:soupnazi81's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Sony Alpha NEX-3N NEX-5T Sony a6000 Fujifilm X-T100
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow