Lumix G general question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bilmenot New Member • Posts: 11
Lumix G general question

I was looking for info about Lumix GH3, but there is no such section only compact cameras, so I post in here.

I am using APSC camera and interested in the MFT, especially the Lumix. Since I am not a videographer 4K is a waste to me, so I look for old models and I found the GH3, it got everything I wanted, a metal body and weather sealing, I do not have the camera but planning to get a used one, before I do that I need to know something.

1. How reliable is this camera ? I read that the EVF will become blurry and need to replace after long use is it so ?

2. How good or bad is the EVF ? I see that the EVF window is quite small compared with regular APSC cameras, is it easy to read and without 'tunnel vision' ?

3. How good is the weather sealing ? I do lot of hiking and causal wildlife shoots, so weather sealing is quite important to me, I wonder how well the GH3 holds up understand different weather situation also the lenses.

4. How easy or hard to work with non electronic/uncoupled lenses ? I will adapt APSC and M42 lenses to the camera, is it easy to meter and any known issue with that ?

5. Final and most worrisome to me is the unprotected sensor, does anyone ever had problem with that, is it easy to get dirt and damage in normal use ?

Thanks for your help !

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow