Consumer"s reaction to Nikon Announcement

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Prairie Pal Senior Member • Posts: 2,636
Consumer"s reaction to Nikon Announcement

I always find it interesting to watch the camera classified ads whenever a camera development announcement is made or pending. During the last two weeks I have seen a noticeable increase in Canon equipment advertised for sale in my area, likewise a decrease in Nikon equipment listed for sale. To the amateur Market analyst it could lead one to believe two things; firstly that high-end Canon users are switching to Nikon. Secondly Nikon users have stopped abandoning Nikon and are keeping their equipment with the intention of upgrading to Nikon mirrorless while keeping their older bodies and lenses as well. This of course is only my armchair recreational Market analyzing. So don't get too upset about it Canon users. However I am interested if others have noticed the classified ads indicating the same.  What are your thoughts? I would also speculate that all Nikon equipment new and used will suddenly become more valuable than it was before because of Canon or even Sony users switching to Nikon not only for the mirrorless body but older used equipment as well.

-- hide signature --

Ivan

Prairie Pal's gear list:Prairie Pal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow