D FA 50 On Its Way

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
candgpics Regular Member • Posts: 121
D FA 50 On Its Way

Hi:

I just ordered the D FA 50 from Amazon (I often order from Amazon, as well as B&H). Should be here Friday.

I hope to use the D FA 50 at an ocean shoot this weekend, along with my 77 Lmtd, both on my K1.

I do not have the expertise to perform scientific testing, but I will play around with the lens and am happy to upload DNG files to Dropbox.

I have the 31, 43, and 77 Lmtds, along with the D FA 24-70, and D FA 28-105. Obviously these are all different lenses, with different designs, focal lengths, intended uses, and price points, but I plan on performing a general comparison.

I tend to focus on Mixed Martial Arts, strongman, and fitness photography, but I also take pictures of our children, occasionally take pictures of local musicians at night clubs, and do some portrait work where a high quality fast 50mm lens should come in handy.

If anyone has any requests for various kinds of pictures, please let me know (I also have a K3 and K5ii and am happy to use the D FA 50 on these, as well).

candgpics's gear list:candgpics's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +6 more
Pentax FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow