Sony RX100 VI vs Huawei P20 Pro

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kyocera
Kyocera New Member • Posts: 9

Before you good people grab the pitchforks, this was thrown out by Google, while I was doing a rumour search about the new Sony XZ3 (phone). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVZpTPoBIns

But frankly; these days it’s all about making that totally “non planned” photo for a “social” media account. Therefore, the mass is raving about such phones as P20-pro (latest iPhone X,…), since always readily available compared to a camera.

On the other hand, I don’t like doing “smartphone” photos, since there is no zoom; I carry around a FujiFilm FinePix F550EXR in my handbag for such everyday purposes.

Considering the latest improvements in the smartphone photography I’ beginning to doubt if my approach is still up to date.

In any case, I suspect my FujiFilm needs a better replacement, the only thing open is if one should get something better than the Sony RX100 VI and leave it in the car, carrying around only the smartphone, or stick to the old approach (of a compact in the bag)?

What do you think?

(oh, yes, I have my doubts about the photo expertise of that YouTube link).

Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow