Suggestions for compact camera.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alevi1492 Forum Member • Posts: 64
Suggestions for compact camera.

I entered the digital world with A series Powershots, progressed to S95 and G15 (after brief experiment with LX5) moved on to M43 and Sony FF.
Currently most of my photography is done with GX85 and when need a truly portable solution I use GM1 with various primes and zooms.
My photography goes through periods, and lately a lot of my photography is done in over 100mm focal lengths. GM1 with 35-100 is my choice. Although quite compact, I wouldn't call it truly pocketable so I am on a search for a bring along everywhere camera that would give me decent results in high focal lengths. Also, it must give me an ability to shoot indoors.

My old s95 with f2 apperture for 28mm often satisfies my needs for indoor quality,(with meticilous exposure and RAW precessing).
I understand that pocketable bright telezoom does not exist, and would settle for anythithing that would give me high focal length even with high aperture values.

I don't know of any camera ever produced that would combine at least 200mm focal length and that would at least at part of the zoom range would give usable indoor results.
I am willing to look at old classics too.
The only close candidates that come to mind are Nikon P7*** series, but they are too large for me. G15 is borderline on size, but only reaches 140mm. Recently noticed Lumix LF1, it intrigued me but seems like it hasnt picked up well and is hard to find.
Sony RX1006 would fit the bill but is way more then I would be willing to spend for auxiliary camera.
TZ100-200 come to mind, but they seem too dim even at wide end.

Any suggestions?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow