Beginning into photography

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
AlbertTheLazy
AlbertTheLazy Veteran Member • Posts: 7,641
Re: Beginning into photography

Hight Fly wrote:

... Would it be better to put a bit more in an upper-model camera? Or a Mirrorless with lenses? Nevertheless, the DSLR option is the one I feel most comfortable with:

Mirrorless v DSLR is immaterial, really. Most of this discussion has revolved around 'all in one' v interchangeable lenses. A lot of people (including me!) believe that getting a cheap first camera/lens combination and learning its limits is the best way to start.

• I have to say that the only thing that makes me reluctant with this camera is the "Future-Proof" part. It scares me to invest on a camera if I can't upgrade things on this camera in the future (because it's a bridge).

That's understandable.

NEVERTHELESS I want to stress that this probably won't happen, I just keep my horizons broadened to see what is the best for any type of scenarios. I'll ask him very soon.

Furthermore, I am wondering:

Because I want to learn a lot, I also am very interested into post-processing production i.e softwares like Lightroom do edit the pictures. What would suit better then? A DSLR or the bridge? (I consider mirrorless like DSLR in this scenario).

Just as long as the camera can supply raw images as well as JPEG the post production process is pretty much the same.

Other than that, I was considering some wider-range options, like the 24-120, what do you think of it? I could zoom more, but wouldn't get the 16-24mm range.

This is where that 50€ 70-300mm comes in!

In another post you ask about getting maximum quality out of your budget. A fast prime lens (f:2 or better)  in the 35-50mm range would be worthwhile.

Finally, Your English is very good, but doesn't read like an Irishman. What is your native language, just to be nosey?

-- hide signature --

Albert
Having fun with my cameras

AlbertTheLazy's gear list:AlbertTheLazy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow