JimKasson wrote:

How about using this:

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/Fuji-GFX-50S

And this:

QD swivel lug

And a strap of your choice?

I am becoming a fan of the QD system.

Jim

Yes I looked into that before deciding on the solution I ended up with.

The QD swivels need some kind of L-plate, which is ok if required, but then the QD swivel projects below that, extends a long way so the camera is really wobbly on the swivel.

I also discounted this as I just don't trust the release button - to not be accidentally pressed in - and the camera dropping to it's death. Say it knocks against my side while walking, camera drops, I don't want to be thinking about another hazard all the time, enough to think about. With something more discrete, i.e. not projecting below, it can be left in place, and no QR is required for the wrist-strap, minimal, solid and simple - which is the way I like it.

It's taken me a while, but I now trust the QD release button. It's incredibly strong -- I can't pull it off no matter how hard I try without pressing the button -- and the way the release works, it can't be released when there is tension on the strap. I'm not sure what you mean by "wobbly", since, when you're using the strap, you're handholding the camera by the grip.

Jim

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Nikon D5 Fujifilm GFX 50S Sony a9 Nikon D850 Sony Alpha a7R III +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow