Beginning into photography

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AlbertTheLazy
AlbertTheLazy Veteran Member • Posts: 7,411
Re: Beginning into photography

Hight Fly wrote:

The thing is, i don't even know really myself what I want.

I sympathise. Phototeach and I have been doing this for over half a century. Lots of similar experience but very different opinions at the end of it. The big difference is that I try to take people's needs into account. Once or twice I've even recommended an fz1000!

The problem is that it's hard to cover all the possibilities in photography with one camera, so let's start with you. Are you likely to put the effort in to learn how to get the most out of an 'advanced' camera? Are you prepared to carry the extra weight that an interchangeable lens camera entails? Are you prepared to spend the first few months of your new hobby using relatively inexpensive equipment so that this time next year you will really know what you need to buy?

Answering those questions will help you choose between the D300 and the fz1000.

I am a beginner, but I have done lots of researches. What are the inconvenience of the bridge compared to the D300+ 16-80mm?

The problem with a bridge camera is that it defines the envelope of what you can do with it.

As Joe (phototeach) will tell you , his beloved fz1000 has a longer 'equivalent' focal length than that zoom but what he doesn't accept is that there are times when you might want to do things it can't do.

The fact that I could get a telephoto lens later is pretty good IMO!

It's a cheap way of finding out if it is interesting enough to spend real money on better glass later.

Actually, that zoom that everybody suggests might be a bit expensive, judging by Joe's comments. Again, you could consider something cheaper which won't be a lot worse in quality terms.

I am really interested into exploring lots of options, that is why I have offered so many possibilities in my first message of this topic.

Thanks for the picture!

Can you give more details on your configuration? Unfortunately I didn't get all of it!

I have a Fuji X-T1, although I think the shots I showed were from my old X-E1. All of them were shot with my cheap long zoom.

To use most Nikon mount lenses on mirrorless all you need is an adapter costing about 10 beer tokens. However, that means that you don't get autofocus and you can't use shutter priority exposure, because the camera can't talk to the lens to set the aperture.

Do you recommend me to do like you,

Nope!

and get for instance an X-E1 or a X-E2 or another model of a mirrorless camera, used, for a fair price

Compared to a free D300 I can't see any mirrorless camera competing on price.

and then get lenses from Nikon or idk? This topic interests me!

Save it for when you have more experience and practice.

AlbertTheLazy's gear list:AlbertTheLazy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow