I ordered a used K-5 .. opinions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DG13 Contributing Member • Posts: 786
I ordered a used K-5 .. opinions?

I've been planning on getting a weather resistant pentax dslr for around the hobby farm (lots of dust..heat cold etc). So I was thinking K-s2,, but found a used K-5 (I know the spec differences) and I went for the rugged build.  Does that make sense? Don't have it yet but now I started thinking on the fact that it is 10 years since k5 launch, and I wonder how that time impacts weather sealing, shutter durability etc (I don't know the shutter count). It has been a long time since I have used any dslr cameras with flipping mirrors and other mechanisms.

This worked better for my budget (less than $300 usd for body and found a used 18-50 wr..trying to stay compact). But I can return it if necessary.

And I am not particularly worried about IQ diffs between models, 20 vs 16 mp, or AA filter and lack there of and so forth.

Thoughts? Any things I should check out on the camera? Red flags?

Thanks in advance, Dean.

DG13's gear list:DG13's gear list
Leica X Vario Pentax K-5 Pentax Q-S1 Pentax 01 Standard Prime Pentax 02 Standard Zoom +2 more
Pentax 18-50mm F4.5-5.6 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow