Sony A6300 with blackmagic Intensity Shuttle

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ASHIND40 New Member • Posts: 4
Sony A6300 with blackmagic Intensity Shuttle

The blackmagic shuttle isnt recoginizing a 1080p output feed from the a6300. It recognizes only the 1080i output feed. Doesnt matter what frame rate I use on the cam or what frame rate I ask the black magic shuttle to record to. 1080p 30 or 24 or 23.97 nothing gets recognized. This forces me to record in 1080i on blackmagic. Is that a blackmagic software or hardware issue?

Second is although my porsche 1TB external drive shows a compatible resolution of 1080p30 at proRES HQ codec in blackmagic disc speed utility speed check softwares the recordings stops due to dropped frames. This happens consistantly even while I use my internal mac book pro SSD hard drive which writes very fast at uncompressed yuv codecs. I software on blackmagic ext recorder is march 2018 edition. This happens even if everything matches..i.e. the frame rate settings on the camera..its HDMI output settings...the blackmagic input settings.. and the preference settings on the media player used to capture the video..actually the input is autodetected to 1080i as stated above. Is there a way the blackmagic will record 1080p as advertised? or is sony auto preventing the auto detection of progressive frames?

Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow