Sony a6500 with E35mm F1.8OSS making moaning noise

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sman23 New Member • Posts: 5
Sony a6500 with E35mm F1.8OSS making moaning noise

Hello,

I've recently purchased the Sony a6500 and E35mm F1.8OSS and have been using it for maybe 20 minutes the first day and then 20 minutes the second day. The second day I noticed at the end of shooting when powering it on that is made a moaning noise. Weirdest thing I've ever heard a camera make to be honest.

My thought was that maybe the lens isn't seated correctly against the camera but I simply lined up both white dots and turned until it fully "clicked" into place. I unmounted the lens and tried again and it made the noise yet again. I remove it one more time and reseated and now it doesn't seem to make it but I am afraid there is something internally wrong and I don't want to be stuck with a $1,500 lemon.

It takes photos and video fine in the time that I've had it. Should I be returning it all to Amazon and get a new batch of both lens and camera or is this something that simply happens if lens not 100% mounted correctly? Maybe it's not even the lens and camera mount, I just noticed that is something that fixed it that one time.

Thoughts?

Video link here on the awful noise.

https://vimeo.com/284911825

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow