Beginning into photography

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Hight Fly Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Beginning into photography

AlbertTheLazy wrote:

Hight Fly wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

As many of you say that I should get the 16-80, I might try to get it then.

Still interested in other points of views tho'!

For a start, don't worry about phototeach. He is obsessed by the FZ1000 and recommends it to everybody, regardless of their stated wants and needs. For many people it is all the camera they will ever need; for others it has an overwhelming array of options that they will never explore and for yet others it has limitations that they soon struggle to overcome. Only you can know what group you are in.

The 16-80 sounds like a good option.If you buy used carefully you should be able to sell any lens for about what you paid for it if/when you decide to move to an incompatible system. Or maybe you'll be able to use it adapted on any future Nikon mirrorless.

That said, I use a mixture of native Fuji glass and adapted (manual only) Nikon mount lenses on my mirrorless camera. This is partly for cost and partly because there is no similar native lens. For example, I use a Nikon mount 70-300mm Sigma zoom that cost me 50 euros. You could fit that directly to a D300 as a cheap way into the world of long telephotos. It's not the sharpest lens in my bag but it is inexpensive fun.

First of all thanks for you comment.

The thing is, i don't even know really myself what I want. I am a beginner, but I have done lots of researches. What are the inconvenience of the bridge compared to the D300+ 16-80mm? The fact that I could get a telephoto lens later is pretty good IMO!

I am really interested into exploring lots of options, that is why I have offered so many possibilities in my first message of this topic.

Thanks for the picture!

Can you give more details on your configuration? Unfortunately I didn't get all of it! And this idea of mixture interests me! Do you recommend me to do like you, and get for instance an X-E1 or a X-E2 or another model of a mirrorless camera, used, for a fair price and then get lenses from Nikon or idk? This topic interests me!

Regards

Hight Fly's gear list:Hight Fly's gear list
Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow