Lens came back damaged after repair

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Asa7 Forum Member • Posts: 74
Lens came back damaged after repair

Hello! 
Hope someone can help me with this situation. After a travel, I noticed my lens, Canon 24-70mm F2.8 L lens, didn't focus well especially under dark environment. It probably happened during the travel although I had it in a camera bag. So I took it to a repair shop. They checked it, told me how much it costs, what the problem is, etc, and I approved the cost and they fixed it. But as soon as I started using it on the next day, I noticed the zoom ring does not turn smoothly. When I face the camera upward, the zoom is a bit stiff but when I face it downward, the lens is even more stiff and gets stuck.

So I took it back to the repair shop. I explained it was working fine before the repair. They checked it again and told me it was already damaged before the repair and they'll have to fix it again, which could cost a lot more. 
My question is, how can this be damaged since before the repair? They checked the lens and fixed it, and when it came back to me, the lens was supposed to be in a working condition. 
I told the repair shop the zoom ring was working perfectly fine before, so I wondered if it happened/damaged when they were fixing it. But they said that everything inside of the lens is connected so this could happen, and I don't know how the lens is built so I should stop complaining and trust them... 
Can anyone explain to me how this could happen so I could understand better? Anyone knows how the lens is build and repaired? 
Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow