The Old lens revival

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dibyendu Majumdar Regular Member • Posts: 388
The Old lens revival

Some remarks by Nikon's Haruo Sato:

Over the past few years, we have seen the revival of one old lens after another. I think that the primary reason for this is the fact that mirrorless cameras support mount adapters that allow users to play with a wide variety of lenses. Photographers are taking a new look at their old lenses, and rediscovering the soul that still resides in these once dead-stocked lenses. This is a wonderful thing. Many F-mount lenses especially have an incredibly long life if not discarded, enabling users to enjoy unique differences in their rendering characteristics.

I think this revival and popularity of old lenses will continue for the time being. I hope that this revival will take place not only in Japan but around the world, resulting in activating the photo culture so that the industry and hobbyists will continue to evolve.

Source: https://imaging.nikon.com/history/story/0065/index.htm

I wonder if he was hinting at the upcoming mirrorless camera. I hope so. I hope that Nikon has considered not only folks that will buy new lenses, and F-mount AF lenses, but also the many manual focus, rangefinder and SLR lenses from all brands.

Regards

Dibyendu

p.s. I posted this by mistake to the Canon lens forum

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow