Any regrets moving from X-E1/X-Pro1 to X-E2/X-T10?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bloodycape Senior Member • Posts: 1,558
Any regrets moving from X-E1/X-Pro1 to X-E2/X-T10?

So, it's looking likely my X-E1 sensor might not be cleanable as I tried multiple times with no luck. I was going to wait until body only prices on the X-T20 or X-E3 came down to 400 range, but that sensor spot is bothering me a little and ruined a shot people called poster worthy(could be fixed in post but I don't have Photoshop and using Luminar).

I noticed that X-E2 and X-T10 body only can be had for $300 or less in very good shape. The only thing I wasn't a fan of on the X-E1 was the AF could have been better and these models solve it. However, reviews on this form and other sites have said the X-T10/X-E2 jpeg engine wasn't as good as the X-E1/X-Pro1 and that X-T20/X-E3 fix that. So, has any X-Pro1/X-E1 owners switch or move to the X-E2/X-T10/X-T1 and regret it a bit due to differences in processing it? Thank you.

Side question: at the same price, X-E2 or X-T10? I like the idea of a auto mode(for when handing it to others) and the tilting display, but like where the x-e1/2 viewfinder location and the fact I can use my X-E1 grip with it(unless something changed) . I take both are also the same performance wise with the latest firmware? If the X-E2 and X-E2S are the same price, would it better just to get that? I know the grip was changed a bit but otherwise should be the same camera.

bloodycape's gear list:bloodycape's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Fujifilm X-E2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow