Olympus TG5...What is wrong?? :-)
Last year I had bought the TG4 and sold it just after the summer, being unhappy by its IQ. This year, I decided to give the tough series another shot mainly being attracted by the FTON-01 wide lens.
To my surprise, IQ has been much better than what I expected!!
1) ORF files contain certainly less information than 1", but they are still usable.
2) The FTON-01 wide lens is a must especially for UW shots
3) In camera focus stacking works great
4) For its size, I think its the best UW/family camera one can buy. We also have the RX100 III and an Ikelite Action Housing which seems to have more detail in the images but its bigger and its UW lens is not as wide as the TG5. For comparison reasons here are some samples from the RX100:
4) AWB and colors have been impressive:
|Llyod's Building Elevators by Jonathan Shapiro|
from Your City - Elevators
|Fire Lake by bbadgett|
|Tail Fins...1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille by J Warren|
from Car Shows 2018