Beginning into photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hight Fly Forum Member • Posts: 54
Beginning into photography

Hi everyone,

As said in the title, I'm beginning into photography. I'll soon get a Nikon D300 (so a DX camera) and was wondering which lens(es) I should get.

I have made lots of researches and had those results/combos that could be good:

The sigma 30mm DC HSM Art - I can get it for 350 euros new

The Tokina 12-24mm (I can get it for 220 euros in very good condition) + 50mm Nikkor 1.8G (I can get it for 130 euros in very good condition/ brand new) (= 350 euros) and later why not buy the 35 mm Nikkor 1.8g (+130) euros.

The Nikon 16-80mm. I can get it for 500 in good condition, 600 euros brand new.

The other zoom option is the 17-55mm f/2.8 we can now get for around 300-350 euros. In the future, I could add on top of that a good low light lens such as the 35mm 1.8g.

The Nikon 24mm 1.8G and a Nikon 50mm 1.8G. I could get both for 600 euros if I search well. This would allow me to get some great landscapes and streets shot with the 24mm (like 35mm on fullframe) and some beautiful portraits with suited bokeh on the 50mm. Now I reckon this option might be the hardest to get, but I think I could get it if I wait enough.

What do you guys recommend? I have chosen these ones because I want to start photography and thus want to do everything: landscapes, street photography, portraits. The convenience of the zoom is something to remember, but in the end I lose quality and it is very expensive. The zoom is the maximum money I would put into lenses.

Regards,

Hight fly

Canon PowerShot D30 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow