Adjustable platen gap ?

Started Aug 13, 2018 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ariane PM New Member • Posts: 1
Adjustable platen gap ?

Hi DP community,

I used to print on tissue paper with an Epson 3800 and was quite satisfied with the result. I taped the four corner of the tissue paper onto a harder paper and adjusted the platen gap to « widest » so the print head wouldn’t scrape the tissue paper while doing its job. I was also printing in draft mode so the tissue paper would not get soaked with ink. Since I no longer have access to the Epson 3800, I am looking to buy a printer to continue my project. As I print in draft mode, I do not need a professional quality machine. That said, I have been told that only professional printers offer the option to adjust the platen gap.

I have been looking at models like the Canon Pixma Pro-10 and 100 or the Epson XP-15000. From what I understand, the Epson XP-15000 can print on thick paper (by ajusting the printing preferences) but doesn't have the option to adjust the platen gap to "wide" or "widest". So here’s my questions:

- Is it true that only professional printers have an adjustable platen gap?

- Do you think the Epson XP-15000 would be a good purchase for my project, if I print on tissue paper while the printer is set for « thick paper » ?

- What about the Canon Pixma Pro-10 or 100? Any thoughts about a relatively cheap printer which I could use?

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow