Image Quality Issues

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GARN New Member • Posts: 9
Image Quality Issues

Hi Guys,

I have been a XT-2 guy for a while but after seeing the stellar image quality of the A73, I bit the bullet and purchased one yesterday. I went what I thought was all out to get the best pairing I could so I also purchased the G Master glass in the form of the 24-70 2.8.

That combo set me back a little over 4000.00 big ones compared to the I got everything set up and went to the neighborhood lake and back deck to take some shots. That’s kinda my simple out of the camera testing ground.

Well, I don’t know what’s wrong but I am not getting any improvement with the Sony and VERY expensive lens. The Fuji XT-2 produces as good or better looking pictures which should not be the case. Not even close according to what I have read and seen online.

I know this setup is a truly professional setup and it should be delivering top notch photos with stunning color even in Auto mode. That’s the same Jose I used in the Fuji and it’s better hands down for some reason.

So, What the heck am I doing wrong? I have tried Manual, Auto, Af-C, AF-S, etc...It can’t even take a sharp photo in the bedroom of the TV in moderate light. This thing should be killing that type of situation. My IPhone X handled the scene better.

I am including a couple photos of the back yard. Please read the description. One from the Fuji and one from the Sony. Plus, the Fuji one of the backyard was with a Samyang I was playing with to boot.

Please note..I am not trashing this camera.I know it’s a beast but something isn’t right. It looks washed out comparatively. Also, the image on my yard with the Samyang won’t show true stats as it does not communicate with the camera due to being third party.

Help..

Sony. Focus is pretty bad.

Fuji with Samyang..Look close at focus

Fuji XT-2

Fuji XT-2

Fuji XT-2

Sony A73

Sony A73

Sony A73

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow