Tamron 24-70 G2 vs older brother SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD...

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
seochris Forum Member • Posts: 71
Tamron 24-70 G2 vs older brother SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD...

I need a faster f 2.8 for some event work and weddings. I did purchase a G2 some weeks ago and sent it back as it was a poor copy but I am willing to give it another shot..... Just wondering about the difference in performance between the new G2 and the older SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD?

I have used the Nikon 24-120 but need a faster lens for indoors.  I would go to Nikon's 24-70 G version but its non VR so worried about the camera shake and the VR version is out of my reach for now.  I have also read somewhere that some people actually prefer the Tamron over the Nikon anyway.

Is the extra cost for the G2 version worth the extra outlay as here are some bargains to be had for the older version of this lens?

Any views and experiences would be welcome...

Many Thanks.

seochris's gear list:seochris's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow