Another "Which body?" post. 1DsMKIII, or...?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP LensConcepts New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Another "Which body?" post. 1DsMKIII, or...?

I actually do have a couple of Sigma and L series lenses. I also have one of those old ridiculously named: "Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Lens" that I just can't get rid of. I don't believe I have any EF-S lenses in my kit anymore.

I was drooling at the announcement of the 5DMKIV, but I also wondered if the IQ would be sooooo much more superior than the 1DsMKIII for more than twice the price.

I had considered a 5DMKIII as well, but for no rational reason it just doesn't give me the same "butterflies" as a MKIV or the 1DSMKIII.

So I guess the next question is: Is the image quality of the 5DMKIV sooooo much more superior than the 1DsMKIII to justify the difference in the price? This "new" body will be primarily for the sessions I have with models in the lighting situations I described above. I'll almost never, probably never never, have to go higher than ISO3200. The price isn't a huge issue, but I'm curious if I'd gain much benefit from the difference in the bodies for such a specific need/use.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow