Shooting jpeg with the GFX

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Krinck
Krinck New Member • Posts: 18
Shooting jpeg with the GFX

Here is a question most of you probably will find very odd: Do any of you primarily shoot jpeg rather than raw, and how is that affecting the result?

The reason I'm asking is that I thoroughly love photography, I shoot all and everything including macro, street, portraits, with vintage lenses etc etc, but I equally thoroughly detest post processing. I don’t see the connection between the activities, shooting is fun, changing and challenging, while post processing is tedious and more resembles work than anything else. I want to shoot and be done.

Currently I shoot Fuji X since that gives me tactile manual controls and great jpegs due to their film simulations. I import the pics to my iPad and do some fast adjustments in Snapseed, something like one minute per keeper. However, I am very interested in the crisp, tack-sharp photos produced by the GFX.

Do you believe that my post-process phobia will make an investment in a GFX (in that case the upcoming 50R) worthless, or will I be able to get the results I hope for?

And don’t try to convince me to start shooting RAW and use a PC, it’s not gonna happen. I have shot over 10.000 pics per year the last ten years, not one of them RAW

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow