Leica Q or Sony RX1R

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
perage New Member • Posts: 7
Leica Q or Sony RX1R

Hi everyone!

I'm torn between buying a Leica Q or a Sony RX1R and I need some help to decide. I think I've read and watched all reviews out there now.

First - I'm not a professional, nor an artist. I have been shoting with my 6D since mkI first came and even though my family would say I'm a pro, you would probaly not My shots are mainly my kids (0,2,5) in all settings and other social settings (family parties, work, travel).

The problem with online reviews and youtube's is that most of them are created by pro's using these cameras for street/travel/wedding photos, and not by the ordinary man taking pictures of his kids, workplace, family travel etc. Which one will I probably be most satisfied with?

I'm used to 35mm f/1.4 and the 24-70 f/2.8 on my 6D, so that favors the Sony. For social settings I would assume the Leica would be perfect with its 28mm, but for close ups and portraits, I'm affraid it's too wide. The 35mm and the tilting LCD favors the Sony, but owning a Leica would be so nice. Also, my wife like to point-and-shoot at times, and I think that also favors the Leica in terms of usability. She's been using the 6D at times in aperture-priority mode and that works fine.

I must also say that I had decided on the Sony A7 when selling my gear, but I think I need to go for something smaller for the camera to be used more often. I don't like that the iPhone X constantly wins when deciding if I'm going to bring the camera or not..

So, I thing it all comes down to this:

1. Buying the Leica Q now

2. Wait unntil photochina and hope Sony announces the RX1R iii

3. Buy Leica Q or Sony RX1R ii if not

Thanks for all input

Canon EOS 6D Sony a7 Sony RX1R Sony RX1R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow