Another "Which body?" post. 1DsMKIII, or...?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LensConcepts New Member • Posts: 3
Another "Which body?" post. 1DsMKIII, or...?

I know... I know... another one.

I've been researching like crazy, reading reviews, reading forum posts... and I just can't seem to nail the decision down for myself. I was hoping I might gain some valuable insight here.

The backstory: I currently have a Canon 7D (read: *not* a MKII). I have a suite of lenses I've tailored to the type of shooting I do 90% of the time. Having said that, when I'm not shooting a wedding or something commercial I'm shooting portrait sessions with models. Half studio, half location, maybe 20% in less than ideal lighting conditions.

I've had my 7D for quite a while, but it's never really seemed to live up to my IQ expectations. I've experimented with other people's camera bodies, both up and down the spectrum. Better bodies, more entry-level bodies, etc.

The more and more I read, the 1DsMKIII really appeals to me, but I can't get passed that feeling in the back of my mind that it may not be the absolute best fit for me. Admittedly, the lofty allure of a 1-Series body does appeal. I plan to keep the 7D because it certainly has a sports and low-light niche, but I just want something to bring my modeling portrait sessions to the next level.

I don't know that I would be so conceited to say that I am a "pro," but I do believe I've come to the point where I may have outgrown the 7D as a primary modeling body. So... any advice or insights would be absolutely welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow