Refill trick with Canon Pixma printer

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChuckB Regular Member • Posts: 372
Refill trick with Canon Pixma printer

I'm putting this here because I think Toolman said that you should wait to refill until the EMPTY warning appears. I have a Pixma ix6820. I refilled one cartridge without incident but yesterday I refilled and the Low Ink (yellow) warning did not disappear. In fact, it went to EMPTY and would not let me continue printing, in spite of having lots of ink in the yellow cartridge. Well, there is a way to override that warning, but it does not reset the ink monitor. I really want that monitor notice - who wants to burn out a head?

Among all the suggestions on the internet, one of the simplest worked. When you remove a cartridge for refilling, turn the printer off. Turn it back on and insert the refilled cartridge. The warning system resets. At least I hope it has. Maybe I have turned it off and it will never warn me again.......

ChuckB's gear list:ChuckB's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 III Sony a77 II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow