A7III vs E-M1 II

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
whumber
whumber Senior Member • Posts: 1,858
Re: A7III vs E-M1 II

Astrotripper wrote:

Arizona Sunset wrote:

The Sony/Zeiss f4 zoom resolves 31mp on DXO. At the pixel level, I suspect that both Sony lenses would out perform the E-M1 combinations (regardless of TC's) above.

I'd love to actually see that for a change. As in, on a photo. Instead, all we always get DxO scores being quoted.

Not holding my breath, though. People who have both systems know why they use them and seem to not be interested in those types of arguments. And people that don't have those systems cannot really back any claims with anything anchored in reality.

Not that I doubt any of those lenses would not be very good on a 24mp body. They probably are (at least that would be my expectation).

There was a good example of this on FM back around the time when the 24-70 was released and was getting tons of flack.  Someone who owned both the E-M1 | 12-40 and A7R | 24-70 did a comparison and the Sony combo definitely resolved more, although I don't think it was a huge advantage.  I'll look for the post and update this if I can find it.

whumber's gear list:whumber's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow