Canon 6D + Tamron 28-75 f2.8 or 28-300 f3.5 image quality issues or newbie issues?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
markm75 Junior Member • Posts: 40
Canon 6D + Tamron 28-75 f2.8 or 28-300 f3.5 image quality issues or newbie issues?

I'm still a relative newbie to this camera, but I've been doing some basic testing and comparisons and I'm noticing some issues, so i'm hoping noone wants to strangle me for this comparison in particular, but rather a few tips

Taking the same lower light level indoor pictures and comparing to our S8 Galaxy phone.. the phone often takes much better, clearer pictures (registering around f/1.7 and 320iso on the phone).

I then take comparison shots on both the 28-75 f2.8 and the 28-300 f3.5+ Tamron lenses which I thought were decent lenses in general.

I try playing with various settings on the camera itself

Initially with just autofocus and auto mode on the camera it starts taking iso 12,800 on average.. (this on the 28-300 at f4ish).. the pictures are pretty clear and light enough, but you can definitely see the noise in the image.

I try lowering the iso in aperture priority mode to levels like 320, 1600, 3200 etc.. i get less noise but still not that comparable to the smartphone "quality".

In all cases i left the lens at VC mode and AF on, no issues with focus that i can see.

There is probably just a few tweaks i need to work on settings wise or maybe the lens quality is to blame here, despite many saying these were comparable to many canon equivalents.

Thanks in advance

markm75's gear list:markm75's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Rokinon AF 14mm F2.8 EF +2 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow