new Tamron 17-35/2.8-4 again not for Sony A-mount .

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Malcolm Senior Member • Posts: 2,072
Re: new Tamron 17-35/2.8-4 again not for Sony A-mount .

Mava wrote:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7006534683/tamron-introduces-affordable-17-35mm-f2-8-4-full-frame-lens-for-canon-and-nikon

Finally the perfect wide zoom lens i am looking for and ofcourse again not for Sony A-mount

The Tamron SP 15-30/2.8 is a bit havy and bulky and i don’t need a constant 2.8 so this would have been the perfect alternative for me but like all interesting stuff again not for Sony A-mount .

I am convinced the Tamron will be a nice quality lens like all the rest the produce lately .

So please Tamron .... MAKE THIS LENS FOR A-MOUNT USERS TOO !!!!

An important reason why Tamron and other 3rd party lens makers are ignoring the A-mount is that the A-mount is now the only mount which still uses mechanical spring and lever aperture control. That's another reason why Sony must update the A-mount.

I'm puzzled why Sony, the great technical innovator who's put so much effort into developing new electronic & digital technology to replace the old mechanical clockwork of the SLR, hasn't yet updated the A-mount to include electronic aperture control. I'm hoping it's because they're planning to include it with another more difficult A-mount upgrade.

-- hide signature --

Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm's gear list:Chris Malcolm's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow