Repair or replace Epson R2000?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Liz Z.
Liz Z. Senior Member • Posts: 1,272
Repair or replace Epson R2000?

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R2000. I have very been happy with the quality of its images, but recently the feed mechanism failed, and after time spent on the phone with Epson tech support, I took it to Mardek, a Mass. authorized Epson repair shop, for a repair estimate. They said they could replace all damaged parts and do a complete overhaul, for $350. I generally would rather repair than replace things, for various reasons, including landfill, but ouch! A colleague who previously owned an R2000 raved about his Canon Pixma Pro 100, now available, with rebates, for under $200. Consumer reviews for both printers are all over the map. The Epson R2000 is discontinued, and it is selling for $1000! Its direct replacement is over $500 (though there might be rebates).

I told Mardek to go ahead with the repair (they said this is a far better printer than the Canon--not that they are necessarily objective), but I am having second thoughts. Also I have a fair number of ink cartridges for this printer.

Opinions and/or advice?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Liz

Liz Z.'s gear list:Liz Z.'s gear list
Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow