HP Envy Photo 7155 or Epson Expression XP_-6000?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
bolt2014
bolt2014 Forum Member • Posts: 69
HP Envy Photo 7155 or Epson Expression XP_-6000?

Time for a new printer and I'm trying to decide between the Hp Envy 7155 or the Epson  expression XP-6000. Both fit my budget and the cost of inks seem to be fairly equal. I plan on using the printer I choose to print color and B&W photos for my den walls and friends. The number of photos would probably be less than two or three dozen 8X10's yearly. I ruled out the Canon Pixma TS8120 because of the higher ink costs. All my inks would be purchased in the XL sizes to increase economy. I have very limited space for the printer so I have ruled out any wide format printers. Can anyone tell me how the print quality on these printers compare? As I really like B&W prints would I get better prints with the Epson since it has a photo black?

I have pretty much decided on these  two printer and am not interested in any others. Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

I change cameras more often than most people change their underwear so my gear list is subject to change on my whim!

bolt2014's gear list:bolt2014's gear list
A3000 Nikon D5500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow