rx100 m1,2,3,4,5,6; RX1r; General Topics. my threads in one place

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,267
Re: rx100 m1,2,3,4,5,6; RX1r; General Topics. my threads in one place

minuteman26 wrote:

This is the best assemblage of photographic expertise I've seen yet on a DPR forum--- many thanks!

One question: somewhere in one of your threads you mention the current M6 you own as being a better copy than the first one you purchased. How did you make that evaluation, and for those of us that have had only one, what criteria do you suggest we use to judge whether good or lackluster?

I downloaded a test graph, then, to get smaller stuff in more corners, I cropped it, taped it my front door, inside the house, tripod tests (steadyshot off),

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4303335

caution: my printed copy is inkjet on inkjet matte photo paper, decent but no way sharp like a laser, so a good lens shows you the ink blurring, don't think it is the lens that is blurred. I used it to see if the corners were good, they were 
BAD, and compare to my Stylus 1, and shot my m3 and RX1r while I was at it.

RX1r and Stylus 1 are the most consistent good corners at all apertures.

m3 and new m6 are now similar, soft corners only when wide, they get good pretty quick.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow