Gimbal for 5D Mark IV?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlueCosmo5050
BlueCosmo5050 Senior Member • Posts: 1,535
Gimbal for 5D Mark IV?

Obviously no matter if you have IS on a lens or even IBIS inside the body of a camera the shots never look as good as a Gimbal.

All of these years I've watched incredible shots with Glidecams, however I didn't want to mess with the Glidecam. It takes practice, balancing things can be a bit difficult etc.

We are finally in the era where there are affordable Gimbals that will hold a heavy DSLR and L glass and still have plenty more weight it can hold.

The one I am thinking about is the DJI Ronin-S, it's backordered on most websites I see. I see YouTubers with them already and I watch both the set up and footage and its flat out amazing. It's very small as well to be what it is, 12 hour of battery life.

It's actually recommended for Canon DSLR's, so is the other brand most people are using these days, Zhiyun Crane 2, which has a follow focus that only works with Canon DSLR's and lenses. I'm not talking about the Zhiyun Crane V2 but the Crane 2. They made it kinda confusing, the V2 will only hold lightweight cameras and although some people are putting 1DX's and 5D IV's on them it's not made for that like the Crane 2 is.

What is making more attracted to the DJI is I know their company has experience, there are a ton of good reviews that are not sponsored, I've seen side to side test and it's always said the DJI feels like it's built much better.

Does anyone in here have a Gimbal? I am interested in asking a few things from someone that has one.

I feel like this is one of those things I've anticipated for so long. I never thought I'd be able to use auto focus in video reliably. I figured it'd just be close. Canon's dual pixel AF works near flawlessly.

The next thing to making my videos look better is stabilization, even if Canon had IBIS like Sony does, those types of stabilization are made for photography and they do not look good while walking with the camera so much.

BlueCosmo5050's gear list:BlueCosmo5050's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow