Choosing print paper for bright black & white photos

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sol Invictus
Sol Invictus Regular Member • Posts: 477
Choosing print paper for bright black & white photos

Hello photography friends! I'm in the process of printing a new b&w portfolio/sampler in A4 size. Some of the portfolio photos will be selected for clients and will be printed in larger sizes and I'm now in the process of finding the correct paper for this (the same paper will be used for the portfolio and the large prints as well). What I need is a paper with the following specs:

1. will not have texture on it.
2. will be as bright as possible to faithfully (and fully) reproduce the available blacks.
3. will not have banding artifacts since most of my photos have smooth gray gradations that appear on my long exposure shots which include water parts and vignetted edges etc.
4. the large prints will be displayed in offices, living rooms, dining rooms and similar spaces with diffused light (so they won't be displayed under spot/directional light).
5. as close as possible to true white.
6. my available options are papers from Hahnemuhle, Innova and maybe Epson or Ilford.

thank you in advance

Sol Invictus's gear list:Sol Invictus's gear list
Sony a7 Sony a7R II Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow