Shooting JPEG is like shooting Chrome film. NOT a bad thing to become a great photographer.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Pan50 Regular Member • Posts: 291
Re: Shooting JPEG is like shooting Chrome film. NOT a bad thing to become a great photographer.

Mike, I agree. You don’t have to be any good with a camera these days to get a good image. You can make a ton of mistakes in the field, or ETTR, and fix it on your laptop later. Not the same as getting it right in camera.

Heck, I remember loading my F100 with Provia and the other camera with Ilford B&W film and heading out to shoot landscapes and coming back with nada because the light wasn’t right or I didn’t see anything worth hanging on my wall...and let’s face it, processing transparancy film cost $3 an image and B&W was a pain in the butt to process in the darkroom...I wasn’t going to process anything that wasn’t absolutely excellent.  You learned to become a good photographer. You don’t need to be good anymore to get a quality image, you just need technology

Pan50's gear list:Pan50's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow