Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 38,255
Re: RX10 V - close???

bcr5784 wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Jeff Greenberg wrote:

RX10V = faster focus, faster zoom, upgraded 1" sensor

To achieve that all they would have to do is put the RX10iv sensor and electronics in the RX10ii body. It's so easy I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

I'm sure that would appeal to many who either didn't need the reach of the iv or didn't want the weight/bulk as a general purpose camera (and perhaps had something more dedicated for birds/wildlife)

Personally I'd like to see an upgrade to the iv - if only to make secondhand ivs more affordable!

Hard to tell what significant upgrades they could make to the iv. Maybe a full featured touch screen. Fully articulating LCD. Higher res EVF. All nice features but probably not enough to make many people upgrade from the iv. Short of come technological breakthrough you can't expect a significant improvement in IQ. The AF is already so good that any improvement would be marginal. Maybe allow AF while zooming which would be significant.

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow