1dx ii weather sealing champ...

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abracadabenhotmailfr Contributing Member • Posts: 722
1dx ii weather sealing champ...

ok so... my camera bag dropped in the lake

canvas bag with my 1dx ii (16-35 iii mounted wit filter) and my a7riii with a 55 1.8....

the bag filled up with water in seconds. took me about 45 secs to get it out. Both cameras were under the water completely.....

not cool.....

the A7Riii had water (little) entering the chamber. The EVF was filled with water. The lens was filled with water. little water entered the card reader, the battery compartment and a few drops in the inputs.

Camera wont turn up anymore. dead

the 1dx ii had zero water entering anywhere. Nothing in the battery compartment, nor the cards compartment, Viewfinder had nothing, Nothing in the chamber (not even a drop)

Nothing at all in the lens anywhere. even the filter didnt let weater in.

I just wiped the 1dx ii and it turned on immediately, ready to shoot. The camera was literally sinking and it was like "didnt even feel that"

lol... really glad. well, Im sad for the A7riii... new... but its not meant to take a dive either. I was however surprised the EVF got the worst....

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow