Compact nifty 50ish mm for a7iii?

Started Jul 30, 2018 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jimkohn Regular Member • Posts: 367
Compact nifty 50ish mm for a7iii?

A while back I switched from Micro 4/3 to APS-C with an a6500. I am blown away by the improved resolution, and combined with the Sony Zeiss 35mm 2.8 (52mm equivalent) I have a nice compact kit. 50mm is my go to focal length for all around shooting.

Now considering moving to full frame with the a7iii as that body is still relatively small and light, I like the the control layout, improved face/eye detect and focus tracking, and of course full frame resolution. The challenge I am facing is identifying a small and light 50ish mm prime. The Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8 seems to be the "normal" lens of choice to match with that camera, but that lens on an a7iii ceases to be "small and light", especially compared to the 35mm 2.8 I'm using now on my a6500.

I would like the form factor of the 35mm 2.8 on the a7iii, but then I'd be shooting with a 35mm lens, not in the 50mm range that I prefer. Is there a good option for a compact normal focal length prime for the a7iii? Thank you in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

jimkohn's gear list:jimkohn's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow