5DIV won't turn on

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aitchm New Member • Posts: 5
5DIV won't turn on

I just joined, despite being a professional photographer for nearly 10 years, to reply to this thread which has now apparently reached it's limit for replies... and I might have reached my limit with my 5DIV.
I've owned it for just 16 months and in that time it's already been repaired twice. I've never had any trouble with previous 5Ds. The 5DIII especially is a workhorse and I had zero problems, not one issue with it at all ever and it was very well used for years until it was relegated to being my back up. 
The repairs were to replace the bottom PCB, it would give me an error 40 unless I turned off the automatic sensor cleaner so it would still work until I had time between jobs to fit in a repair.
The second repair was done at Borehamwood (I usually go Colchester) because I was unhappy it happened a second time and Canon told me to go there instead.
Now it's really done it. Peak work time and it won't even turn on. 
No warning, no error, I was in the middle of a field about to shoot a band. 
I drove the hour or so home and the camera, despite being off was warm when I got home so something is clearly wrong.
I am especially cautious with my equipment too, I won't even use the rapid strap (not sure my proprioception quite extends to my camera as much as I use it, I may accidentally knock it using that), and I always use a rain cover even if it's just light rain. Which other photographers joke about! 
I don't know what to do now, if I get it fixed again I will never trust it as much as I have past cameras. I don't need that extra anxiety when working!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 5DS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow