Canon 80d vs 6D vs 6D mark ii

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dandydon44
dandydon44 Forum Member • Posts: 52
Canon 80d vs 6D vs 6D mark ii

Hey.

So I’ve had mirrorless for a while, but decided on moving back to DSLR as bodies and lenses can be cheaper and the space in a backpack is negligible, the only negative is weight.

so I’ve decided between an 80d, 6d original or 6d mark ii.

id be able to afford the 80d with the 18-135 USM, 50mm 1.8 stm and the 24mm pancake for a smaller package too. 6d original I’d be able to get the body with the 50mm stm and maybe the 24-105 standard. And the 6d mark ii with just the 50mm stm to start with. (Can save and get a standard zoom within a couple of months) these three kits come to the same price roughly.

I don’t mind using primes but my question is which kit do you think is the best. I’ve wanted full frame for a long time but the high prices just put me off. I’d love the bokeh I’d get.

id mainly be using the camera for landscape, some casual portraits and some indoor coffee photography for my Instagram.  The main trade offs are having dual pixel live view autofocus, the touch screen swivel vs the 6d fixed. And obviously low light ISO and bokeh vs 80ds crop sensor (even though I’d have more flexibility with the lenses)

Which camera and body lens combo do you think is best? I’ve searched for reviews and comparisons but user experience is needed in this case I think. Thanks for the help!

dandydon44's gear list:dandydon44's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow