Adorama, B&H Photo, Samy's camera

Started Feb 15, 2017 | Discussions thread
HelenOster Senior Member • Posts: 1,025
Re: Adorama, B&H Photo, Samy's camera

Jose Joseph wrote:

Wanted to give an update as the case is closed.

I received replacement flash on July 24th Tuesday and upon opening the box I found similar scratches.

I immediately emailed customer care with pictures asking if this is normal. Fortunately this time the person at customer care had the sense to suggest me to check if there is a screen protector. I checked and it was indeed a plastic layer as a screen protector which I could peel off. I responded back to customer care thanking for their suggestion.

So it looks like in both cases Adorama sent me brand new ones and scratches were on screen protector. If only the person with whom I initially contacted was kind enough to take a look at the pictures and suggest to check for screen protector, I would not have had to go through all this trouble.

I admit I should have checked for a screen protector but I did not do it based on my past experience. Few months back I bought a used Sony RX10M3 which had scratches on the screen. It really looked like there was a screen protector and attempted to peel it off. However it was indeed scratches on the screen.

I also updated Helen Oster about this and she said she will share my experience with CS manager.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify - the CS Manager has cascaded this to the Team Leaders to share with the agents. (They should all already have been well aware of this!)

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow