X-Trans demosaic algorithms differences

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
lexvo Regular Member • Posts: 304
Re: OK close as I can get for now

sluggy_warrior wrote:

57even wrote:

Played with them for half an hour. City scene seems pretty close - would redo colour and reduce sharpening on beach scene if I had more time. Tried to match sky but threw some other colours off. Still, close enough for now.

Back to the treadmill for the next 10 hour stint!

Thanks much! From a quick look, I think whatever the problem was, Adobe has resolved it in your version of LR (latest?), small details have pretty good color retention, with good micro-contrast. There isn't much difference between your LR output and my DT output. There is still very minor differences in the green foliage/trees, but they only shown up when pushing sharpening, but I'm not drawing conclusion as those could be the difference in the sharpening algorithm/method.

Remember that 57even uses LR in combination with PS. But I agree that the output looks very good. And as PS is included in the LR subscription it means that everyone with LR can get very good results with X-Trans

lexvo's gear list:lexvo's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow