17 x 22in dye printer still in production?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TedR1 New Member • Posts: 6
17 x 22in dye printer still in production?

I am late joining the inkjet printing party, my experience so far has been limited to what my home-office Canon Pixma MX310 all-in-one produces, time for a step up.

I am ready to jump in with a dedicated printer for the first time and am hesitating over paper size. The two possibilities are 13 x 19in and 17 x 22in. I wish to make 16 x 20 prints which means 17 x 22 however I also note the significant jump up in size, weight and cost for that size compared with 13 x 19, which would be a better fit for the limited space in my home-office facility.

My work is amateur for personal display (I grew up with film and have a wet-darkroom), and the amount of printing will be small and also there will be long gaps of inactivity between printing sessions sometimes. I am not looking the latest-greatest ultimate in color gamut or image permanence. For these reasons I prefer the dye ink choices because they seem to cope better with inactivity.

I have made the usual online trawls of the printer manufacturers and dealers websites and have narrowed down the possibilities to the Canon Pro-100. Before I buy I thought I would try to find out if someone still makes a 17 x 22 dye ink printer, perhaps there is one I overlooked, I covered Canon, Epson and HP already. Any suggestions?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow