Very disappointed with MacBook Pro 2018

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltyPeanut
SaltyPeanut Contributing Member • Posts: 515
Re: funny

Bag of Rocks wrote:

tko wrote:

Pro.

Depends on how you define "perform". I was forced to use a Windows 10 desktop recently, and the UI was so cluttered, unintuitive, and downright ugly that my productivity fell off a cliff. Honestly, it was so bad that I thought it must be Windows 97 and not a 21st Century product. So many head slapping moments.

Funny. Same thing happen to me when I tried to use a Mac. Icons flew across the screen, appearing and turning transparent, objects ballooning then shrinking in a bewildering way. I desperately tried to figure out how to make a single button mouse do the work of three buttons. And that was before I got a single program to run. After 5-minutes I got a massive headache. Seems like a Apple's programmers spend more time on animations and making eye candy than on straightforward utility. Hint: a good operating system is invisible.

I have both a Surface Book and an MBP. The MBP trounces the Surface Book. Its touchpad is far more response and its gestures far more intuitive.

Mac OS is also better than Windows 10. Not surprising, of course, given Microsoft's well-documented conniving, lack of transparency, and underhanded tactics.

Having said that, I do like the touch input on the Surface book, which comes in useful when taking notes in One Note.

I also prefer macOS over Windows. Long time pc user, almost threw an ex gf's MacBook out the window first time I had to use it. Very frustrating. Then I realized I was trying to use the mac like a pc. Once I learned how to use the mac and its few tricks, it was apparent how much Microsoft software sucks balls (hardware as well). The number of problems, errors, crashes and viruses dropped by like 99.99%. I never realized how much time I was losing in all that until it all went away. Still use a pc today for my day job, and it sucks. Randomly switches from whatever program I'm using to one that's open in the background without any input from me, crashes all the time, overheats, battery lasts like 2 hours, and on and on. In any case, I'm not an apple fanboy, I just like to buy what works. Apple isn't perfect but it works far better than MS in my experience. YMMV.

SaltyPeanut's gear list:SaltyPeanut's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikon 24mm F1.8G ED
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
EG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
EG
EG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow