Sigma 150-600mm Sport after Sigma adjustment......

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 8,418
Sigma 150-600mm Sport after Sigma adjustment......

So I went to Comic-Con 2018  and because 2 press rooms did not have photography in it (to save time) I got press passes to the panels. In order to shoot panels I need long lens and I usually bring 120-300mm F2.8 because it is pretty dark there. I also bring 1.4x TC just in case. The longest lens I have ever seen in the panel rooms is Nikon 200-500mm.

So while there I found out that Walking Dead red carpet is on the roof of the hotel and we are shooting across the pool. WTH????? So I grab 120-300mm and put it in the rolling bag.

Come to location to setup my cameras and surprise, surprise it is not 120-300mm Sport  but 150-600mm Sport. Since both lenses are wrapped in the vinyl they are hard to tell apart. After all I did not shoot panels because of lack of time.

So, here are few samples at various FLs. These are 100% crops without any editing. Shot at ISO 800 because it was early in the morning and weather was muddy so there is a little bit of noise. I am glad it didn't rain.

Camera was set on manual so all shots at F6.3. D500.

At 150mm. Only 1.5 mp.

At 290mm

At 380mm

At 450mm

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow