X-Trans demosaic algorithms differences

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
57even Forum Pro • Posts: 12,614
Re: First two images in LR/PS

sluggy_warrior wrote:

57even wrote:

Please point me to your DT conversions. I couldn't find them on the drive, only SOOC JPEGS.

They're in the post that you replied to. Just click on "original size" link under each image (one less step of visiting the gallery).
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61391486

The images were sharpened for viewing at 50% or in print. I am not even sure what the 'artefacts' in the trees are, but the 'noise' in the sky would be invisible.

Yeah, sorry about not being practical. I'm trying to investigate on the tiny differences, so pixel-peeping is needed.

Fine, but you have to know what you are looking at and what effect it will have on the image. Artefacts like false detail look bad at 100% - caused by the lens out-resolving the sensor - but they improve apparent sharpness in the image. If you don't know that, you might assume it's a bad thing, but most of the time it isn't.

thanks much!

Sure, but I can't load them into photoshop and see them side by side. Also, DPR galleries do something wierd with file compression, so they don't look the same when uploaded.

Why not just meet me half way and put the DT converted JPEGs on the Google drive so I can compare them side by side in PS?

-- hide signature --

Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western Civilisation?"
Mahatma Gandhi: "I think it would be a very good idea!"

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow