Epson 3880 new noises

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan Beaty Regular Member • Posts: 425
Epson 3880 new noises

For the past 3 years I have printed with various weights, mostly Epson papers, and plain copy paper with no issues. Occasionally I have seen some ink on the edge where the head meets the paper. But they eventually clear away.

The last few prints were plain documents in mat black on copy paper, and there were no problems. Today I switched to 4x6"  Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy and chose borderless probably for the first time.

There was a loud noise every time the head started over the paper and there were scratches and smears as well.

I thought to run some plain paper through it to hopefully clean us some of the ink but the rollers cut into the edge and even tore a few sheets. I looked inside and could find nothing unusual, so I changed the platen gap to wide.

After that the cuts into the paper ceased, and the noise was less, but I am concerned that something is loose or needs adjustment.  It works with the platen gap at wide, and I performed an automatic head alignment, as well.

Do I need to have it serviced, or is there something I can  do myself?

Dan

Dan Beaty's gear list:Dan Beaty's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow